Susan's Word

Friday, January 05, 2007

Greetings gentle readers.

This is a new blog that will explore my interests in writing, reading, travel and anything else that comes to my head. I'm a Calgary writer who has published short fiction and non-fiction. I'm currently completing a murder mystery novel and, this winter, will be teaching a fiction writing course. I plan to post thoughts about my writing experience, writing advice I have found useful, details about the progress of my book (which will soon be seeking a publisher), book reviews, movie reviews and vacation reviews. My next holiday will be to northern California in March. Until then, I'll focus on reading and writing and local Calgary activities.

At the moment, I'm reading The Tipping Point for my January book club meeting, where it will be discussed in conjuction with George Orwell's 1984.

The last movie I saw was Dreamgirls, which I loved: good acting, good story, good songs. Some of my movie companions only gave it a mild thumbs up.

Signing off for now.

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home