Susan's Word

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Amazing how three years fly by.

Here I am back for a second stab at blogging. My main reason is guilt. People keep telling me that published writers these days need a web presence. I've written several novels I hope to publish and want to give them their best marketing chance.

My reason for re-activating this blog now is that, two days ago, I finished the second draft of my third novel (yay!). For awhile, I'll have a little writing time on my hands. When I'm deep into working on a book I hate to give up my writing energies and time to other writing projects. I hope this blog will get going over the coming months and become a habit when I'm into draft number three.

A word about the blog title Susan's Word. When my son, Dan, was much younger he created a board game called Susan's World. That name popped into my head as I struggled (for all of two minutes) to come up with a title for my blog that would primarily be about writing, reading and travel. Susan's World struck me as great title for a travel blog, but a tad close to Ralph's World (Ralph Klein was then-premier of Alberta). So Susan's World morphed into Susan's Word, which relates to blogging, writing and reading. My third blogging interest - travel - harkens back to the original Susan World.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home